Restructuring Your Debt Through Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Many individuals who find themselves in debt want to pay back their creditors, but don’t necessarily make enough to meet the demands of all of their monthly payments and still have enough left over for food, housing, and the other necessities of life. If you are earning income and need to restructure your debt to a more manageable monthly payment amount, then Chapter 13 bankruptcy may benefit you.
For over 30 years, Atlanta personal bankruptcy attorney Evan M. Altman has been helping clients recover their financial footing through Chapter 13. His experience with Chapter 13 and other types of bankruptcy have benefited hundreds of individuals and businesses throughout metropolitan Atlanta and northern Georgia.
Filing Chapter 13 In Georgia
During your initial consultation at The Law Office of Evan M. Altman, your attorney will review your financial situation with you. Depending on factors like your current income, obligations and monthly payments, attorney Altman will make a recommendation that’s uniquely tailored to your financial condition. Chapter 13 appeals to clients for a variety of reasons:
- It allows you to follow a three- to five-year payment plan, after which your obligations are considered to be fulfilled
- You are allowed to keep certain assets that you might not under Chapter 7
- It allows for the restructuring and extension of some types of debts
- Foreclosure on a home may be delayed
- Once your attorney files Chapter 13 the automatic stay is activated, after which your creditors cannot contact you without court approval or action.
For those who do not qualify under Chapter 7 due to the means test, Chapter 13 may be the only bankruptcy alternative.
Help Is Available
Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceedings can be extraordinarily complex, which is why you need a knowledgeable bankruptcy lawyer to guide you through the process – an attorney like Evan M. Altman. Whether you’ve fallen behind on your monthly credit payments, or you know that default or insolvency is likely, don’t wait to contact a qualified bankruptcy and debt management, attorney.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.