A Business Lawyer With Business Experience
You shouldn’t have to educate your lawyer about the business world. At The Law Office of Evan M. Altman, you are counseled by a business lawyer with real-world business sense.
In addition to running his own successful law firm, attorney Evan Altman brings decades of diverse business acumen to your legal matter. From Wall Street finance to federal fraud investigations, his unique background translates to value-added legal counsel in all business and corporate matters. He advises entrepreneurs and corporate clients throughout the Atlanta metro area and northern Georgia.
Comprehensive Business Law Consulting
Mr. Altman previously worked for a Wall Street consulting firm, where he specialized in corporate restructuring via stock buyback transactions. Before that, he was a special agent for the FBI, uncovering white collar crimes such as embezzlement, bank fraud and securities fraud. That experience in corporate investigations and high finance enables him to provide sophisticated legal counsel for a wide range of transactional, litigation and regulatory matters.
The Law Office of Evan M. Altman can address all facets of business and commercial law for clients of all sizes and industries, including:
- Business planning and startup
- Business litigation
- Contract disputes and corporate break-ups
- Contract drafting and review
- The buying or selling of a business
- Employee covenants (noncompete agreements)
- Commercial collections related to bankruptcy
- Commercial leases and commercial property transactions
- Chapter 11 reorganization (business bankruptcy)
- Business dissolution and buyouts
- Business succession planning
Business Formation And Corporate Governance
Business success can hinge on having the proper foundation. Mr. Altman provides full-service assistance for starting a business as well as consulting and general counsel services to many long-standing clients. He advises on key startup decisions and ongoing governance, such as:
- Entity selection: Organizing as a limited liability company (LLC), partnership or corporation
- Operating and shareholder or partnership agreements
- Buy-sell clauses and exit strategies
- Private investment or commercial lending
- Licensing, compliance and reporting
- Articles of incorporation and bylaws
- Executive and board of directors compensation
- Risk management and liability consulting
Entrust the establishment and growth of your business to an attorney with the skill and knowledge needed to help you succeed.
Trust And Transparency
Mr. Altman emphasizes open lines of communication and straightforward advice. He will give you prudent advice and cost-benefit analysis but also help you problem-solve to overcome obstacles and achieve business objectives.